Pink Lady® Snaps
Stand a chance to take home the brand new iPhone 12 Pro* when you win #PinkLadySnapsVN!
Pink Lady®’s popular Instagram food-snapping competition is back for another instalment this 2020. Our judges’ monthly favourites will receive special shout-outs on our official Instagram account while the best photo of the overall competition will be the Grand Prize Winner of #PinkLadySnapsVN.
The contest will run from 24 August - 30 November 2020
Join the fun
with 3 easy steps
your best food-related photos.
on Instagram with the hashtag #pinkladysnapsVN and tag @pinkladyapplesvn @foodphotoaward. Make sure your profile is set to public! Post as many as you like.
the exciting Grand Prize!
Besides beautifully plated dishes, you can even share your best photos of livestock, farmers harvesting, fresh ingredients, meal prep, street food or even creative portraits of Pink Lady® Apples. The possibilities are endless.
© Zoe Warde-Aldam
© Zay Lar Yin
© Xueping Du
Win the brand new iPhone12 Pro!*
*Subject to availability. Prize may change without prior notice.
Terms and conditions
- Reed Works Sdn Bhd is the promoter and organiser (Organiser) of this competition.
- This is a Food Photography Contest called Pink Lady® Snaps (SNAPS).
- This competition is run in Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. Only Malaysian, Thai and Vietnamese nationals and people residing in Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to enter.
- This competition is running in association with The Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Awards, but is not subject to the same judging process.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Terms of entry: Instagram profile must be public.
- Who can enter: Open to Instagram users aged 18 or over, except the SNAPS employees or the promoter, The Food Awards Company Ltd, any associated agency, organising committee and judges, and their immediate families.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
- Theme is food. Any food related visuals are acceptable.
- Contest category is food photography.
- No machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted.
- No admission fee is required to participate in SNAPS photo competition.
- Entries must be uploaded to Instagram and comply with all Instagram rules and regulations.
- Entries must use the respective country’s hashtag [ #pinkladysnapsMY #pinkladysnapsTH #pinkladysnapsVN ]. Only entries with the hashtag and @pinkladyapplesmy or @pinkladyapplesth or @pinkladyapplesvn and @foodphotoaward tags will be considered.
- Entries with appropriate hashtags and tags must be uploaded before 11.59pm on the last day of the contest.
- Entries must not be sexually explicit, offensive or inappropriate or infringe the rights of any third party. Where your entry features a third party who can be identified in the image, you must ensure that you have their consent to submit the image before it is uploaded.
- We do not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, corrupted or otherwise fail to be considered, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure or issues with the Instagram platform of any kind. Proof of uploading will not be considered proof of entry.
- We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- Shortlisted visuals may be published for the purpose of, and is not limited to exhibitions, promotions and marketing materials on SNAPS and any of Pink Lady® Apples websites and social media accounts.
- Instagram upload / submission requirements:
- 1080 x 608 px, or
- 1080 x 1080 px, or
- 1080 x 1350 px
- Shortlisted photographs must be sent in based on the following requirements:
- Images must be submitted as JPEG or PNG files (jpg or jpeg or png)
- Image file total size must be no more than 16MB per upload
- Image files must be no more than 1920 pixels along the longest dimension
- If your work is shortlisted, you must be able to supply a high resolution file, suitable for printing in all media and for inclusion in exhibition. These images must have a resolution of at least 300dpi.
- The panel of Judges will be appointed by the Organiser and will agree to the Terms and Conditions of judging ensuring the aims of the awards are maintained throughout. If there has not been an entry of sufficient quality then the Organiser reserves the right not to award a winning entry to that category. The decision is final.
- There will be no extension for submission deadlines.
- The Organiser cannot accept liability for any loss or damage of any photographs entered into the awards however caused.
- The Organiser cannot accept liability for the misuse of images.
- No entries will be returned by the Organiser and therefore entrants are advised to keep a copy of their digital files for their own use.
- Pink Lady® will only acquire limited usage rights for works submitted to a competition. Limited usage rights means they must be non-exclusive, and usage is restricted solely to promoting the specific competition the works were submitted to, or future competitions where that competition is a recurring one, and no other purpose. This is termed "limited free usage". Pink Lady® will not use the images to form any part of an advertising campaign.
- Winning and shortlisted works can be used to promote the competition in perpetuity subject to the conditions set out on the Bill of Rights page dealing with competition winner's archives. For more information please visit http://www.artists-bill-of-rights.org/bill-of-rights/bill-of-rights/bill-of-rights/
- Non-winning and non-shortlisted images can be used to promote the competition, and no other purpose, subject to a time limit not exceeding (3) three years following the announcement of the winning entries for the competition the non-winning and non-shortlisted entries were submitted to.
- If you are the monthly favourite or the winner of the overall competition, you agree that we may use your name, image and town or country of residence to announce you as a winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by us.
- If you’re the monthly favourite and wish to opt-out of the overall competition or if you want to opt out of us using your data in-line with the above points, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
- All contest entrants must warrant that the photographs submitted do not infringe upon any intellectual property, proprietary, personal, privacy, or any other right of a third party.
- All contest entrants hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless Pink Lady® Apples and its trustees, officers, employees, the Organiser and agents from and against any and all liabilities, damages, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest and the photographs submitted.
- Entrants must strictly have the rights of the visuals sent to the Organiser. The Organiser will not be viable for any issues, wrongdoing and illegalities that arise in relation to the submitted photographs. If proven guilty, the winning entrant must return the value of the prize in cash money.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
PINK LADY® SNAPS
PROCESS OF CONTEST
- Prize for photography – winner of each country will win an iPhone 12 Pro* and will be sent using the Organiser appointed courier.
- We will choose 1 favourite photo each month and it will be posted on the official social media accounts of each respective country. Each monthly favourite will get recognition or a special mention on Pink Lady® Apple’s social media.
- Food photography:
- We will shortlist 10 photographs in order to select a grand winner.
- The shortlisted photographs will be judged and voted on – 100% judges
- Tentative competition schedule — 24 August 2020 (12am) until 30 November 2020 (11.59pm).
- Judging period starts from 1 December 2020 and results will be announced on 11 December 2020.